How Accessible are our Storage Units?
If you ask a person why they rent a storage unit, the usual answer is to reduce clutter in their home, or keep special items safe during the months that they don’t use them. But no matter what the answer is, it can always be summed up like this: people rent storage units because they want to make their life easier.
So when you’re shopping for a storage unit, keep that in mind. Before looking at prices, look at accessibility. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself before renting a storage unit:
- What are the hours of operation? Are you going to be locked out when you need to access your unit?
- Is a manager on hand? If someone isn’t there to let you in after hours, you could be in trouble!
- How accessible is each unit? Are you going to be able to drive your car right up, for easy unpacking? Nobody wants to unload their stuff into an elevator and then unload it again to get to their unit! You will find all of our Secure Storage units on ground level for easy loading and unloading.
- Is it open every day of the week? If you leave something in your unit, you need to be able to access it no matter what day it is!
- What amenities do they offer? Do they have free moving trucks for newcomers?
- How easy is it to open the doors of your storage unit? Is it going to be a struggle each time you need to take something out? Will you hurt your back or neck while trying to lift the door?
They may not be the usual questions a potential renter would ask, but they’re the questions that need to be asked! If your storage unit isn’t easily accessible, there is no point in renting.
Thankfully, each of our Secure Storage locations is accessible, and we’re ready to make your life a little easier. Visit one of our locations in Redmond, Hood River, Hillsboro, Bend or Ashland today, and see how easy renting a storage unit can really be.