Our company’s charitable giving is driven by our values: (1) to be good stewards of the assets and abilities God has given us. And, (2) to treat all those with whom we deal with, with honesty and integrity.
Since we opened our doors in 1987, we have always felt strongly that we were part of the community, so we began giving 10 percent of our profits to churches and organizations in the community. Over the last 30 years, we have continued our charitable giving every year. Giving to local churches and community organizations that enrich the lives of people in the communities we care about—and proudly serve. Over time, we have been blessed to be able to contribute to high school athletic teams, FFA and 4-H, community theatre, club swimming, volleyball and soccer clubs to name a few.
Some charitable giving projects are local, like helping to provide ultra-sound machines for Crisis Pregnancy Centers while other charitable giving is global, like supporting the Wounded Warrior Project, Pastoral Training Centers in Foreign countries and ensuring soldiers in Afghanistan received Christmas gifts.
Treat Customers with Honesty and Integrity
We have always tried to remember that we are in business for the customer, not the other way around. By remembering this, we treat our customers the way we would want to be treated. Here are three examples:
- Unlike other businesses, our cleaning deposit is really money that customers get back. It’s not just another overhead fee.
- Our willingness to prorate monthly rent based on actual move-in or move-out dates allow our customers not to pay for time they don’t use. This is unique in our business.
- In the late 1990’s, we discovered many customers had trouble moving large items because they didn’t have a truck. So we bought six trucks, for each location, that are free-of-charge for our customers to use. The trucks are also available to non- profit organizations, at no charge.
But our efforts don’t stop there. We are also a socially responsible company. A few years ago, when there was a push to use green energy, we converted all of our facilities to solar power. Today, we can proudly say that our properties run 100% on solar energy.
As we look forward to our next 30 years in business, we will continue to be among those businesses giving back to our customers and to the communities that we are a part of through charitable giving.
Below is a partial list of organizations that Secure Storage supports financially.
- Band of Brothers
- Bible Study Fellowship
- Boy Scouts of America
- Crook County High School Sports
- Emmaus Christian School
- FFA and 4-H
- FISH Food Bank of Hood River
- Girl Scouts
- Gospel Mission of Medford
- Helping Hands against Violence
- Hillsboro Girls Softball
- Hood River Swim Team
- Hope Family Medical Center of Hood River
- Jesus Films Project
- Meals on Wheels
- Medical Teams International
- Pregnancy Resource Centers
- Salvation Army
- Southern Oregon University Girls Softball
- Summit High School Athletics
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Young Life
- Youth 71five Ministries of Southern Oregon